On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5)

On Every Street (The Artists Trilogy, #0.5) - Karina Halle I usually don't like prequels or any .XX books, because generally, they're totally unnecessary and their only aim is: keep your interest to wait for the next sequel.

But this one, I really liked.

Perhaps because in Sins & Needles you only got a shallow picture of Javier. He was painted as the bad guy on the mission to get Ellie back and make her pay for what she's done. (Yeah, probably at some point in this series he will).

I guess Karina's aim was to confuse all readers... make you go all soft for Javier, create a fan group for him, so later on, she can throw it in your face with a "gotcha".

Still... I've found Javier more interesting character than Camden. This living in sins, his thrive for something pure and honest is quite palpable. He, having this weakness for Ellie, and falling apart when he's about to loose her (first) and swearing everything to be better for her.... but not. When he breaks after Ellie's "false alarm", it really shows that he don't know how to exist in a "normal" relationship. And probably, he falls apart because he himself also don't know how to deal with this.

So basically everything about this prequel is an intriguing addition to understand this sick dynamism among the main characters. And yes, this series really is about loving the lies of ones life, or the other and confusing yourself as hell in who you are and where are you heading.