Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1)

Killing Sarai (Killing Sarai, #1) - J.A. Redmerski Over the top 5 stars

It was one extreme emotional rollercoaster. I'm actually not into suspense as a genre, because it's so difficult to do it in an intriguing and captivating way.
But J.A. Redmerski nailed something totally different in this one. I've already loved here writing style in The Edge of Never. It's simple, very neutral where each words are powerful and hit you at the right time.
Killing Sarai has a tempo, just as the whole story has. Starts heavy and drastic, keeps it up for a while, and then pulls back the reins just to bit switching for a somehow slower, but just as powerful rhythm.
Characters are layered and complex. The similarities of Sarai and Victor are really unsettling. Living non-exsiting life without actually having any life. How they learned and accepted this is what they have, and there practically couldn't exist in any other one, as they cannot function as "normal". They tentative approach and desperation how they somehow cling to each other and accepting that given life situation as something temporary they cannot have on a long term, but still aching for it.
Even Niklas is a complex one, which are I really welcome, from supporting character. As you really can't figure him out, and you always balancing between understanding-not understanding him, you cannot say for sure you like him or not.
If I could get enough words to describe both Sarai and Victor characters, I'd never shut up. And - at the moment - there are hardly any appropriates one to truly reflect their complexity. It's simply easy to lost in their story, and never knowing where it's heading, and all the tension imply, it's not a HEA, which is refreshing for me.

So I cannot wait for the sequel and to be in the emotional, confusing, devastating, layered character filled Company of Killers.